Wow, where did this month go?! Time is absolutely flying and there is oh so much I want to tell you!
First and foremost, I hope you and your families had a wonderful holiday season! We spent Christmas at my house this year which turned out to be just fabulous! Dinosaur buttermilk waffles and champagne for breakfast and a street taco bar for dinner. Not your traditional Christmas meals, but delicious nonetheless! I picked out a gorgeous live tree the weekend before Thanksgiving and by Christmas the tree still had all its pizzazz and smell and the charm a real Christmas tree provides!
For the new year I was asleep by 8:30! That’s what I call living large!
Goals for 2022
New year resolutions are not my thing. I am not into giving up something that I like or telling myself I must do something that will result in feeling like a failure. Instead, I set goals. Short term, long term, goals for the months and goals for the year/s. And this year is no different!
Let’s set some goals and go for it!
- Goal 1: Grow our Newsletter! Sign up here if you would like to stay connected with what is going on at Buffalo Flatts Quilt Company! From new fabric, to longarming to the occasional fun fact or recipe. Catch it all on the newsletter!
- Goal 2: Blog more – twice a month. There is so much to keep up with that blogging often goes by the wayside, but I have so many tips and tricks and quilts I want to show you!
- Goal 3: More Fabric! Fabric is my love language as it is for many quilters! The prints, the colors, it is all just beautiful! I would love to supply more fabric in the shop, starting with Moda and Ruby Star Society.
- Goal 4: Quilt and cross stitch and travel! I have three trips planned for the first half the year along with more than I can count quilting and cross stitch projects, I think this goal is already in the bag!
- Goal 5: I need a new fence! Ha! Nothing to do with quilting, but there it is! I need a new fence for the backyard.
And now, without further ado, lets chat quilting! There is so much going on here in this first month of the new year, I have hardly had time to sit and think! Which is a good thing!
Wow, have we been busy longarming for all of you! And boy do I love it! We have invoiced more quilts in the first month of January than in all of 2021 – we only started offering longarm quilting to the public last summer, so this is HUGE for us! I am so thankful for each quilt that comes through our doors! Thank you for trusting us with your quilts!
Here are some of the awesome quilts from the past month! It is awesome to see what other quilters put together and see their styles shine through in their piecing, fabric choices and quilt patterns!
We are now offering a monthly Penny Pantograph of the Month! Sew excited to bring this to you! Longarm quilting can get expensive, especially if you quilt as much as I do! By taking advantage of the Penny Pantograph Special, it helps keep the cost of longarm quilting down so you can keep quilting!
The February Penny Pantograph of the Month – SoHo! This is a personal favorite! Seriously, cannot go wrong with this pantograph!
So many projects, so little time!
So, let me just say, it is going to be a busy year for quilting! There is so much goodness, I cannot just pick one or two quilts to make or quilt alongs to join!
Here are the sew alongs on books as of now, we shall see what is released later in the year that will be added to this never ending list!
- Riley Blake Designs Block Challenge – January 2022 – May 2022
- Fabric: Eat Your Veggies by Sandy Gervais
- Three blocks a month, one per week
- Rose in Bloom Block of the Month – December 2021 – September 2022
- Fat Quarter Shop monthly event!
- Fabric: Rose in Bloom by Lella Boutique for Moda Fabrics
- 12 Minis in 12 Months – January 2022 – December 2022
- Various designers put out a mini quilt pattern each month
- Fabrics: Stash! Going to theme each month’s mini around the seasons/holidays with what I have!
- Heartfelt Charity Quilt Along – February 2022 – September 2022
- Charity pattern released 1 block a month
- Fabric: Beautiful Day by Coriander Quilts for Moda Fabrics
- Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery of the Month – June 2022 – May 2023
- Various block designers
- Fabric: Nantucket Summer by Camille Roskelley
Oh my, that is A LOT of quilting and those are just the sew alongs!
Here are some of the quilts I want to make just on my own!
- Cozy Cabin Quilt – Almost finished with this one! Using Smoke and Rust Fabric from Lella Boutique
- Bunny Tails – New pattern from Coach House Designs
- Nordic Crossing
- Nightingale – flannel edition
- Elizabeth Hartman Rainforest Quilt Kit
- Elizabeth Hartman Dogs
- Vintage Truck series by Erica Made Designs
- Seasonal Table Runners
- Seasonal Pillows
- And the list goes on and on and on!
New fabric lines are coming in! Lots of precuts, yardage and kits will be coming to the shop!
Falling in Love is this season’s newest Valentine’s Day collection!
Reflections, Saturday in Paris, Quilt Fair arrived this week!
The more you shop, the more we can provide and the happier we all are! Fabric is good for the heart!
Thanks for joining the adventure here with us! Stayed tuned for more to come throughout the year, including tips, tricks, favorite notions and more as we navigate through 2022!
Happy Quilting! – Francine